Global Alliance Group under R &D Planning Team, Mobile Business
1. JOB PURPOSE:
To provide your capacity to the (i) New Technology Sourcing (ii) Internal selling & marketing of the technology of merits (iii) Negotiate business model and terms with partners and (iv) Contract management and R & D support in fostering new technology
2. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
a. New & innovative technology global Sourcing
• Actively seek software & hardware technology for mobile business in global arena. The sourced technologies will be mainly preloaded into Samsung mobile phones to deliver product differentiation, leading to product competitiveness.
• Closely Work with overseas sourcing posts in US, Europe and other countries to detect technology of impact and provide technical guidance and directional advice as appropriate in accordance with sourcing policies and procedures.
• Participate and coordinate in the evaluation of the candidate technologies
• Constantly learn and acquire ever-changing technology trends and formulate sourcing strategy and roadmaps
• Deliver technology trend seminar in the areas of individual specialty.
b. Internal Selling & marketing of the technology of merit
• Chair technology Selection Committee meetings to shortlist candidate and evaluate the proposals.
• Present the selected companies to top executives on regular basis and convince the spread of the technologies.
• Champion the dispersion of technology and work as focal point in announcing, persuading and strongly driving the adoption of the technology of interest for the entire organization in mobile business. The teams you communicate include product planning, marketing, sales and R & D. You need to eagerly sell and persuade these related divisions. If needed, provide technical guidance and advice in project initiation.
• Key contact point for the partnership companies. This could include meeting arrangement, conference call, linking each side R & D and help the communication. Also and importantly, trouble shooting.
c. Negotiate business model and terms
• Formulate negotiation strategy tailored to technology, company, people, and region
• Assimilate the need of related division such as R & D into negotiation package
• Study Creative ideas to reduce royalty and deliver mutually beneficial business models
• Negotiate with various partners around the globe and understand key aspect of Partnership; implement respect, equality and fairness in negotiation process.
• Risk assessments: reflect possible risk in business terms and models for future development. For example, litigation, law suit.
d. Contract management and R & D support in fostering new technology.
• Negotiate contract legal terms with counterpart and closely work with legal team to receive legal advice.
• Come up with creative ideas in legal terms negotiations and pay detailed attention to key aspect of contract such as indemnification, IPR issues.
• Focus on Speedy completion of contract paper not to impede the R & D development
• Documentation and system process for contract approval in the management channel
e. Staff Supervision
• Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
• Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
• Leads the team in sharing knowledge and expertise
3. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline; an advanced degree of MBA will be strongly considered