Speaking Proficiency Enhancement Program (SPEP) is the fastest growing and promising educational institution, specializing business English in Korea.
We are looking for professional corporate trainers and content innovation specialist who wish to expand career into business English education industry. Please refer to the job descriptions below. Should you interested in applying for any of our available positions, please submit your English resume and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hear from you.
Speaking Proficiency Enhancement Program (SPEP)
[Full-time Employee Benefits]
- Health Insurance
- Korean Pension plan (dependent on nationality/visa type based on Korean law)
- Paid vacation days and national holidays
- SPEP’s professional teacher training
- Housing allowance support for E2 and F visa holders
- Airfare support for E2 and F visa holders
[Minimum Requirements for any of our positions]
- All potential candidates must hold a minimum of a Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year university located in a country in which the native language is English (US, Canada, Australia, UK, New Zealand, Ireland, and South Africa).
- Must have Original Diploma *Notarized with an apostille
- Must have Nationwide Criminal Background Check *Notarized with an apostille
[FT] Corporate Trainer - Intensive Business Communication Skills Program
- At least 1 year of Business English teaching or ESL teaching experiences are must
- Demonstrated ability to assess trainees’ weaknesses and provide feedback and educational road-mapping
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and guide trainees of all types of backgrounds, positions, titles
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- MS Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- BA/MA in TESOL, Education, English, Linguistics, Journalism, Business is preferred
[Full-Time] 1 Year Contract
- Monday to Friday 8AM ~ 8PM (lunch, dinner, and snack break will be provided)
- Based in Seoul with business trips all area in Korea (location changes month to month)
- Shorter contract term is also possible and can be further discussed
- Instructors are required to stay at the province from Monday to Friday
- The company offers Housing, 3 Meals a day + Business Trip Fees
- Monday to Friday 110 hours of guaranteed teaching per month
- Training & Start Date: ASAP
- 3,950,000 KRW (based on 160 teaching hours including extra housing stipend of 400,000 KRW) + Business trip fee (per month)
- Extra housing stipend will be provided to E2 and F visa only
- Subject to change depends on lecture hours/office work hours
[Writing Samples Submission Guidelines]
The samples you submit should be representative of your best work. All writing submissions must adhere to the following rules:
- The date or year in which the piece was written
- Submissions may be provided in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, PDF, or JPEG images.
- If the work is collaborative, specify the area of the content to which you contributed.
Sample #1 : One expository writing sample at least 300 words in length
Original and self-expressive writing that showcases your ability to convey information in an organized, logical manner. We will be looking at content, style, and mechanics. We accept essays, research papers, journals, diaries, storytelling, journalism, blogging, and free writing samples.
Sample #2 : One lesson plan sample
A business English speaking-focused lesson plan. The topic, content, length, and format of the lesson are up to you.
[FT Non-teaching] R&D Content Innovation Specialist [Bilingual]
[Job Description Overview]
The Content Innovation Specialist executes plans for the writing, editing, and production of content throughout its development. He/she collaborates as necessary with other content innovation specialists on the instructional design and development of program, course, and textbook content, under the leadership and direction of the Program Architect and/or Content Innovation Project Manager.
[Full-Time] 1 Year Contract
- Seoul, Apgujeong Station
- Monday to Friday 9:00AM ~ 6:00PM
- Some Saturdays will be required
- Start Date: ASAP / April 2017
- Starting from 2.3 million per month (negotiable based on experience)
- Extra housing stipend of 400,000KRW will be provided for E2 and F visa only
- Support the Content Innovation Project Manager, Program Architects, and R&D Assistant Team Head in the generation of ideas for concept development and raw content creation on development projects.
- Support the Content Innovation Project Manager in the instructional design plan for the development project.
- Review and understand the approved instructional design, syllabus, course configuration, content map, development schedule from the Content Innovation Project Manager
- Support Content Innovation Project Manager in development of comprehensive learning content, materials, and other project documents; keep documents up to date and communicate changes to other Content Innovation Specialists, editors, and team members as necessary.
- Create a wide range of learning content for both online and offline learning, under the direction of the Content Innovation Project Manager.
- Research articles, textbooks, journals, materials, and other reference sources with the aim of creating 100% original content within the parameters of the project scope and established development guidelines.
- Continuously organize and manage all collected research materials in accordance with established archiving guidelines set by the Content Innovation Project Manager, Senior Editor, and R&D Assistant Team Head.
- Receive continuous feedback from the Content Innovation Project Manager and Senior Editor on all submitted work and make revisions accordingly without jeopardizing the development timeline.
- Participate in the preparation and conduction of audio/video recordings of developed content, including script writing, editing, and revisions.
- Respond to Project Manager queries about quality and schedule during all phases of content creation
- Stay up to date with trends in second language acquisition pedagogy and assessment; stay up to date in ELT market needs and trends; stay up to date with English language learning market needs and trends
- Collaboratively plan, develop and conduct workshops/seminars/presentations in English for corporate clients, business professionals, and SPEP corporate training staff.
- Participate in the planning, development and facilitation of corporate trainer workshops and recalibration sessions.
- Conduct speaking proficiency assessments on a seasonal and/or needs-basis.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and other materials for clients.
- Kor/Eng bilingual capabilities: Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills in both languages
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and deliver business English content and materials.
- Strong history of executing the vision of senior management
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required
- Must have prior adult ESL content & curriculum development experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 year Business English teaching experience and/or other work experience in Korea
- Must be able to demonstrate complete mastery of written and verbal English
- BA/MA in TESOL, Education, English, Linguistics, Journalism, Business
- MS Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent proofreading/editing/revision skills & extremely detail-oriented
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team